Thursday, April 17, 2008

Week in review: April 10th to April 16th

Thursday, April 10th: I had a relatively uneventful meeting with my boss and co-workers, started planning trips to Milwaukee (for the Twins-Brewers series there) and what would be a wonderful visit to Toronto over Labor Day.

Friday, April 11th: Due to the reports of a massive winter storm, I made arrangements to work from home. The storm never fully appeared, but I did wake feeling miserable with a pounding headache, so opted to work from home regardless. I love working from home! That evening, friends came over with beer and Mexican food, we watched the Wild win and chatted, then headed to the CC Club for a few pitchers.

Saturday, April 12th: Ryan headed off to DJ a wedding in Mankato, and I went to the Aveda Institute for a long-overdue haircut and highlight. It was not destined to be a good day for me, though. The student doing my hair did a lovely job of both the highlighting and trimming most of my hair. She failed in listening to me when I said that I wanted a few bangs, about at cheekbone length and instead chopped off a good 1/4 of the hair on the left side of my head! All attempts to "fix" the disaster only made it worse, as it involved cutting more and more of my precious, long, lovely hair. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I spent literally the entire evening sobbing hysterically over my hair.

Sunday, April 13th: Ryan returned from Mankato and was promptly greeted by Sarah's and Nick's warnings that I was a bit "emotional" over my hair. He did all the correct things a kind yet slightly bewildered boyfriend should do: telling me that he would always think I was beautiful, that my hair didn't change his love for me, etc. Full points to Mr Glanzer on successful damage control! That evening we went to Poulter HQ in Bloomington for a family dinner consisting of a four-meat chili (sausage, bison, lamb and bacon) and accoutrements. We got to see the progressing cosmetic updates of my parents' house, which I must compliment them on! I love the very modern paint colors they've selected.

Monday, April 14th: An uneventful day all-around. We finalized the roster for "Captain Safety Planet", our City of Mpls co-rec softball team, and watched the Wild win Game 3 of their playoffs in Denver.

Tuesday, April 15th: Bargain-minded people that we are, Ryan spotted a promising-looking ad on Craigslist offering three softball bats, a glove, several practice balls and a softball carry-all bag for a mere $35. We went to Dick's near my work where I bought cleats and socks, then drove out to Brooklyn Park to make the deal, and grocery shopped in my former hometown and then drove home to Minneapolis to watch the Avs even the playoff series 2-2.

Wednesday, April 16th: A great day! I had my bi-weekly staff meeting in the morning, lunch with my good friend Manda, beautiful weather, then took in the Twins game in the Microboards seats. Ryan and I were on the 'tron not once, but twice! After the game, the two of us, along with Walsh and Sarah, took advantage of the still-nice weather and played catch in our neighbor's parking lot. A team practice, one might call it.

No comments: