Thursday, April 10, 2008

Week in review: April 3rd to April 9th

Why does my week run Thursday-Wednesday? Because it's my blog and I can do what I damn well please.

Thursday, April 3rd: I had my first-ever meeting at a client site with dairy giant Land O' Lakes to discuss a small project I'm doing for them. This is also my first solo project since starting at HTA in March of 2007.

Friday, April 4th: Ryan's brother and pals arrived on our doorstep for Alex's bachelor party. Ryan had ordered a keg of PBR, there may have been some shots, and Jaime, Christian and myself spent a lot of the party enjoying the mild weather on the back balcony, avoiding the mass country music sing-along that was going on in the living room and feeling much older than the other party-goers.

Saturday, April 5th: I cooked a late breakfast for the roommates and Alex of blueberry pancakes, eggs and bacon. We headed off to the Metrodome to take in the Twins' victory over the Kansas City Royals. The victory was made even sweeter by Justin Morneau's first home run of the year. Ryan got some heat from his brother for not going out to the peelers with the bachelor gang, and instead watching 61* with me that evening.

Sunday, April 6th: Ryan and I lazed about the house all day, watching movies and generally being sloth-like. Sarah cooked some delicious bulgogi for family dinner, and we watched ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball while doing a ridiculous amount of laundry.

Monday, April 7th: I had a very solid workout at the gym, and we ordered some delicious Indian food for dinner.

Tuesday, April 8rd: Unlike Monday, I did not have a good workout. I forgot socks at home, and had to take it easy on the bike to avoid blisters. Ryan showed his domestic side by having a tasty dinner all cooked and ready when I got home from the gym!

Wednesday, April 9rd: My sister and her husband came over to the house for chicken wings, beer and chocolate cake, all while watching two very different sports events: The Twins hammered the White Sox for a 12-5 victory, while the Wild lost a heartbreaker in overtime to the Colorado Avalanche. After three periods of very good hockey, it was hard to see the Wild take a playoff loss on a Joe Sakic dribbler.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I miss you -- wish you were here DJing with me!