Saturday, July 26, 2008

Liveblogging St Cloud, MN

I am, somewhat surprisingly to even myself, attention-shy a lot of the time. It's probably not surprising to anyone that I'm shy, generally (I don't think I spoke directly to Ryan's parents until my second or third time meeting them!)

So it's giving me fair amount of anxiety that Ryan's DJ table is perched atop a stage at this restaurant/venue we're at for tonight's gig. Apparently, the normal setup is for the bridal party to be atop the stage, but this bride has a whopping 12 people in her party, which is more than the stage can hold. So the DJ equipment is on the stage, and I sit looking down upon (very!) cramped seating for 150+. I can't wait for dinner to start, so that they can all watch me as I attempt to not spill Italian food on my suit.

The benefit of going to all these wedding receptions is that I do get lots of ideas and first-hand experience that I can use when I plan my eventual wedding (which I tell Ryan, of course, and he starts sweating a little more than normal) In any event, though, it's a free meal and usually a free drink or two. Which is nothing to complain about, even if I am on display!

No comments: