Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gimme Gimme Gimme!

I kid, of course. But I have seen quite a few Christmas wish-lists popping up on blogs that I read lately, so I thought I might as well jot down a few ideas for gifts:

- Anything from the ol' wedding registry. Many lovely items to choose from there!

- A knitting machine. I love to give scarf, hat and mitten sets as gifts but I hate knitting scarves. Hate hate hate HATE. I would love to have a tool that I could use to make scarves and other square things.

- Any one of these classic knitting books.

- The Options Interchangeable Circular Knitting Needle Set. Droooool.

- New iPod. The ancient 512mb Shuffle just isn't cutting it anymore!

- Some kind of basket for knitting/sewing notions.

- Scrubs: Season Seven
- Dexter: Season Two

- Hockey tickets!

- Please, no yarn. I have too much of it and I want to get through as much of it as I can before I accumulate more! However, gift certificates to Joann, KnitPicks, Needlework Unlimited, or Linden Hills Yarn would be lovely.

- Cookbooks. I don't have anything specific in mind, but anything that's well-reviewed in the vein of eating healthy, local, and for busy people would be wonderful.

All in all, though, I really don't need anything. I'm sure I don't need to mention the economy, but it's relevant and I would sincerely appreciate someone teaching me a skill (like crocheting or a refresher course on using my SLR) rather than spending money on things I that I do not need. I would also love handmade things. Preferably not baked goods, as I'm hoping to reduce the level of tummy paunch before I don an expensive white dress, not increase it! But any other sort of handmade gift would be lovely and greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

E said...

I won't be around for Christmas (sad ... Christmas in Indiana will be weird) but when I do visit sometime (hopefully) shortly thereafter, I would like a knitting lesson. I was going to request a hat that fits over my giant head, but it might be even more useful to be able to make myself things. It's not like I don't have time on my hands. I would be pleased to either a) make you beaded jewelry [I'm pretty good but I'd want a little style guidance so that you might actually wear it) or b) procure for you a bottle opener that plays the Cubs song (or other Cubs paraphernalia). Yes, yes?

jordan.krogman said...

OOoooh, I could give you some pointers on using your SLR! I didn't know you were ever into photography! What kind of camera do you have?