Monday, September 8, 2008

Knitting, and other things

I am fully engorged in Christmas gift knitting! It's getting a little intense, but at least I'm starting it before November (unlike two years ago, when I had the ridiculous idea that it would only take me only two weeks to knit matching scarf, hat, and mittens sets for my ENTIRE family!) Thank goodness last year us "kids" drew names for our Christmas gifts... hopefully we will do that again this year!

Yesterday was my step-mom's 60th birthday! I don't know if she and my dad did anything special, but there are rumors of a big birthday party sometime soon (have to keep the cards pretty close to the vest, never know who is reading this thing!)

Chances are, if you're reading this, I have a plan for a knitted gift for you this Christmas, though! Unless you're a boy. It's pretty much impossible to knit for males that are older than 12 years old, unless it's a scarf or a hat. And I HATE knitting scarves. Maybe I'll make a bajillion afghans. Or I'll put Ryan in charge of boy gifts!

I am getting super excited to make some of these gifts, though. If they are anything like what I imagine they will be, they are going to look awesome!

And if you all out there who read this end up NOT liking something I've made for you, you should lie and say that you love it! ;)

1 comment:

E said...

Oh oh oh! Do I still get something neat? I'll like it no matter what.

I'm not suggesting you take this on as a gift, but if I could knit I would make myself a sexy sweaterdress. Especially since you live in Minnesota.