Thursday, September 25, 2008

Setting a Date, Oy!

It's all so political.

What I would like, throwing out all concerns about other peoples' schedules (insert "I'M THE BRIDE! IT'S MY DAY!" expressions here), I would really like a fall wedding. I like the smell of fall. I like the colors. Autumn is probably my favorite season.

But when you throw in all the people who are expected to attend (and attend in an important fashion, no less!), summer makes SO much more sense. My sister won't be teaching, my brother won't be in school, other family members, both mine and Ryan's, won't have to deal with skipping out of school early.

But, think of the sweating! My poor darling sweats enough as it is, so unless we hold our reception in a meat locker, an August wedding would be so cruel to him!

Earlier in the summer would be nice, too. Perhaps not so hot. But if you say the words "May 2009" to me, that sounds REALLY soon. Too soon. I don't want to stress that much, and we need time to make money to pay for this shindig!

My darling friend Paula lucked out with her wedding last November 8th. It was one of those beautiful crispy fall days in Toronto, sunny and clear and just a little bit brisk. Best wedding ever.

November could be scary, though, weather-wise. Minnesota is so wildly unpredictable. It was stunningly beautiful yesterday, and the day before yesterday was pissing rain. Today, again, it is pissing rain.

I think we are going to have to go with my original plan and just let the venue we pick determine the date of our wedding. I am not a good decision maker (that should make this whole process interesting). Someone just pick a date for me!!!!!

In other news: I went to a bridal shop today. I looked at and touched wedding gowns. This is a big step for me, as just last week the gown part terrified me!

1 comment:

jordan.krogman said...

I honestly wouldn't worry about anyone else's schedules...just pick a date that works for you! I agree that a fall wedding would be so beautiful and SO much more comfortable for everyone temperature-wise.
I'm sure that if I were in your shoes, I'd have the same thoughts -- trying to accomodate everyone. Just do what you want and everyone else can deal with it...unless, of course, it interferes with MY time. Then you'll have to re-think things. (and I'm totally joking, of course!!)
Good luck with all this planning. I still don't regret the day that Calvin and I looked at each other and said, "Why don't we just get married today?" ;c) No planning involved!