Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do I really have to go to work every day?

I jest, I jest. But it has been quite an adjustment to getting up every day between 6:15 and 6:30 and heading in to work. I'm enjoying working at SUPERVALU pretty well, I've been in a lot of training thus far and have done only a bit of what I imagine will be my eventual "work". Some of the training is quite interesting, like research on consumer segmentation. Some of the training is deadly dull, like some of the internals which involve sitting in a windowless conference room for several hours, watching an instructor use a website or program.

In other news, I don't have much to report. We had a lovely weekend in Carpenter--we took Ann out for the big 21st bithday, we went to church, and Jordan took some engagement photos of us (hopefully some of them turned out well! And I mean that not in a technical sense, but in a I-hope-I-think-I-look-good way, of course. Jordan is a very talented photographer!) and, true to form, I forgot my coat at the Glanzer farm house. I think that if I were to drop off the face of the earth today, the Glanzers would remember me best as "the girl who left things at our house". I didn't need the jacket and it could have stayed in South Dakota until we went back, but before I even knew it, it was in the mail!

Tomorrow, Jason is scheduled to come over to watch Game 1 of the World Series. I'm very excited that the match-up is Rays-Phillies. Nothing could have made the baseball season end on a lower note than if the Red Sox were in the Fall Classic. This weekend, I am trying to schedule tours of potential wedding sites so that we can hopefully pin down a date soon!

No comments: