Monday, August 25, 2008

Ryan Birthday Recap

It began officially with Ryan waking me up, saying "I swear I'm not gay. PLEASE don't be mad at me!"

Apparently Ryan had a dream where a certain friend named Collin decided he was gay, put the moves on Ryan and I walked in on the situation and became very angry. So to clarify, no, sweetie, I don't think that you are gay! And if it turned out that you were, I would be more hurt than I would be mad.

The rest of the birthday was much less silly. Jason and Brad Gausman showed up early, tapping the keg of Grain Belt Premium (The beer of exceptional quality!) while I cooked Ryan his favorite breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy, with eggs over easy (gross) on the side. Drinking commenced.

Patrick, Steve, and Liz showed up. We watched the Twins game, there was Goofy Golf to be played.

In addition to all the friends that were in attendance, my parents, my sister and her husband, my step-brother, his wife and my niece Abby, and my other step-brother Nate showed up. Quite the crowd, I must say! I had purchased 20 (!) bratwursts in expectation of half of them being eaten but they were ALL polished off in good fashion.

Drinking of Grain Belt continued.

I must say, both Ryan and I were a little disappointed that no Glanzers showed up at the party! Ryan had a phone call with his mum that was very detail-filled, leading him to believe that perhaps they would surprise him with a visit! (I don't want to embarrass him, but he's a bit jealous that they pop in on his sister for visits and have only visited him a few times! Plus, Glanzers, all the Poulters were in attendance! You were showed up! :) )

Never the less, a successful birthday party, if I do say so myself. Happy birthday, sweetie! Hope work on Monday isn't too painful! :)

The negative: I got so caught up in socializing with my family and friends that I forgot to grill the cabbage or the sweet corn!
But luckily, my darling friend Jaime showed up later in the evening and after preaching the wonders of the CSA program to her, I was able to pass along the a few sweet corn, a green pepper and the 4lb CABBAGE! Thank god for wonderful friends!

2 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

Mom and Dad don't come to visit ME...they come for the grandkids!

SingingBirthdayCard.com said...

I'd like to wish Ryan a belated happy birthday with a personalized birthday song from SingingBirthdayCard.com. It was originally created for another Ryan (I hope you don't mind), but I think your Ryan will enjoy it just as much.

Here it is:
http://yourbirthdaysong.blogspot.com/2008/05/ryans-personalized-popular-rock.html